Monday, May 24, 2010

Who Am I

Hello everyone out there in blogger land. So, I was driving in my car on the way to work today and I realized that when I started this lovely venture of blogging that I didn't post an introductory blog, letting you know who I am. My apologies. My grandmama raised me way better than that. So, here goes:

I'm brown skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes. I'm shaped like coca-cola bottle. Some people say I look like Janet Jackson. I enjoy long walks on the beach...LOL. No sa. Just kidding, just kidding. I just couldn't resist doing that. If you look at my picture you can tell that I'm shaped more like a large figure eight than a coca-cola bottle. And Janet Jackson...I've never looked like and never will. I actually borrowed that line from one of my favorite movies, "Friday". That's one interest of mine, watching movies and television. My husband and I are HUGE movie buffs. Alone I'm sure I've watched well over 1,000 movies.

My other interests are cooking (hence the correlations in my blogs with food stories), shopping, fashion, writing (duh), music, and reading. I'm very creative and artsy. I'm also a visionary so, I like to do everything big. But lately, God has shown me that less is sometimes more. Oh, that's another thing. I'm a born again Christian. I boldly profess Jesus Christ to be my Lord and savior and I have no shame in my game.

Let's see...what else...oh, I love children. I've been working with youth of all ages for the past 15 years in a capacity of ways. (That kinda sounded like a line from a job cover page. Sorry). I'm currently work at a suburban middle school, so I get to hang out with kids all day. A little nerve racking at times because kids are kids, but always rewarding. One of the things I love about my job is I get to be me (crazy and goofy) while building relationships with the very people who are going to one day change and save lives.

Ummmmmm...I love, love, love to sing and listen to all types of music. I'm really big on lyrics so, I like it when the artist includes the words to their songs. Gospel, classic R&B, classic soul, old school rap, and country music are my favorites. I love country because the songs always have such a great story or message. (In my best Carrie Underwood voice..."And I don't even know his last name. My momma would be so ashamed)" Carrie, girl you is da bomb. I just love that song. I also like some pop and some rock too (mostly 80s rock). Aerosmith is genius!

Now, I know I'm going to sound like most middle-aged adults but...they just don't make music like they used to. Yeah, there are some exceptions, but man oh man these youngsters haven't got a clue. A lot of the music they put out today is garbage. The lyrics are shallow, predictable, and emotionless.

Moving right along...ummm...oh, I LOVE to laugh. One of my husband's best qualities is his sense of humor. My son is also extremely funny. When the both of them are together, I have to make sure I'm near a bathroom just in case things get a little wet downstairs - if you know what I mean.

Sooooo...that's a little bit about me. There's a whole lot more I can say about myself. Trust me, I can go on and on and on and on (see what I mean). But, I'm gonna stop right here. I hope you've enjoyed reading this as I certainly had fun writing it. Be sure to stop by later. I'll be posting something new.

Smooches
TAE

(BTW - TAE stands for Triumphing Above Expectations. It's a nickname I obtained in high school. I decided to make it an acronym because a lot of people thought that I was never going to amount to anything. But, Still I Rise.)

Oh - I love the word "love"

No comments:

Post a Comment